To ensure smooth and safe shipping traffic, the Harbour Master's office in Antwerp and Zeebrugge monitors the regulations and special authorisations in the port area. For works with a nautical impact, you need to apply for authorisation. This authorisation is necessary to ensure the safe execution of the works, the smooth and safe passage of shipping traffic and to minimise risks to the environment.
Authorisations in Antwerp
For works with a nautical impact, you need to apply for authorisation. You can read how to do this in the procedure for applying for authorisations in Antwerp.
For the following works in Antwerp, you need to submit an application via TOOL:
- Diving operations on port infrastructure.
- Repairs to port infrastructure.
- Work in the vicinity of the quayside or on jetties of Seveso companies.
- Blasting work on steel structures on the quay.
We are working hard to digitise our authorisations. You can already apply for the infrastructure-related authorisations via TOOL. Through the manual you can create an account and read more about how you can submit authorisations through the application.
Authorisations in Zeebrugge
For the following works in Zeebrugge, you need to submit an application via Zedis:
- diving works
- hot works
- lifeboat testing
- repair works on water and or waterfront
- washing and painting on or at the ship
- mediterranean mooring
- extended stay
- handling radioactive materials
- handling explosives
- handling highly toxic gases
- fumigation and degassing
- Caustic Soda (NaOH) bunkering - truck to ship
- LNG bunkering - ship to ship
- LNG bunkering - truck to ship
- handling ammonium nitrate
- dry dock